Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Welded Gate

15-12-2007 A.D.

Neither are they savages armed with stones
Nor do we share apple trees and pine cones.
Mr.Frost it's not a wall now, it's a gate.
Many of them, all around, that make me irate.
Until today I thought everything was fine.
Now I can only daresay and strongly opine
That somebody from your neighbor's line
Is the reason for these boundaries asinine.
We don't fill their corridors with voices.
Our strides are too slow to make any noises.
We drank from there, I hope, not elixir
Why should water ever cause such a stir ?
I don't see our trails of grime on the floor.
No walls we smirch, we eavesdrop on no door.
I cannot vouch we are birds of a feather
But we fought no big battles with each other.
What need has arisen to mark territories ?
What is the real cause of their worries ?
Fences are never good and gates are bad.
They only grow more hatred than we've had.

Note: A rehash of 'Mending Wall'. They've put multiple gates around my lab and blocked entries to many corridors. I don't know why. The only thing we do is walk through them or fill our water bottles sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me likes zis poem.

new gates/walls... like we dont have enough of those already :(

-Moohaha

Unknown said...

kummeshinav mamma... as usual :D

although i love it that this time round i can understand the real reason behind your poem :P

Ooty Resort said...

Nice Poem