Monday, January 24, 2005

We don't change

19-01-2005 A.D.

I try to look beyond those innocuous eyes.
The tangible smile on your lips that never dies.
Your stroll in the park every time and then.
For me, all about you, is still a good omen.
An omen that calls forth pleasure, no pain.
Opens your mansion down the memory lane.
A mansion not arty, no statues carved in wax.
I find myself awestruck, enchanted to relax.
All I find is little time to stand, stare and wink.
Ambience so enthralling, eyes refuse to blink.
Everywhere in here, frescos of you enslave.
Enticed in bliss, for else I do not now crave.
I hope not to depart from this reverie divine.
To elude the truth so harsh, you are not mine.

Note: When things are not that interesting in a Modern Communication Systems lecture, I can use my imagination to take me elsewhere. And this time I found a proper destination.

1 comment:

Alaknanda said...

awesome work..post more...
i shall from now on b a loyal reader of the "poems" in ur blogs..!!!