Saturday, June 25, 2005

Break-up bash

18-07-2004 A.D.

Crimson memories in my mind fade out hard.
I gaze at moments of the past, I can't discard.
I walk in the deserted corridors of my mind.
Remnants, dull thoughts everywhere, is all I find.
I never understood where my step ended wrong.
I have been thinking all the while, all along.
I stand against the echoes of my own reflection.
To discover all we did was right, no exception.
I wish to erase these black scars from my life.
I wish I could put a halt to this useless strife.
No cause to survey, for this effect, very numb.
No effect to sustain, if any, perfectly dumb.
No one to blame, neither any guilt nor remorse.
The very feelings are something I cannot endorse.
I believe in myself, more in us, than me alone.
Trust gives me all the support in this cyclone.
With sincere bonds, and lessons to be learnt.
Life is happier with some bitter feelings burnt.
There is a story that will never find an end.
A friend is always meant to be a good friend.

Note: The first one to flout the 14-line rule on my page. When the undulating waves of melancholy refuse to ebb from the shores of mental bedlam it's either time to look at things in retrospect or just bury the hatchet. I only hope we all make the right choice when the time comes.

10 comments:

Alaknanda said...

I have been thinking all the while, all along.
I stand against the echoes of my own reflection.


I am head over heels in love with these lines.....

bavundi..:)

Anonymous said...

testing testing..:P

Anonymous said...

n1 buddy!

Anonymous said...

believe it or not, i truly connect with each and every line in this. i've told you this before, and i tell you again. you have a way with words and rhymes no one can match. thanks, i guess, for everything.

Anonymous said...

very touching. nice poetry and i'm sure its not just 'poetry'. its a whole lot more i'm sure to u and whoever can identify with it :)

Anonymous said...

been a long time, Nice layout bud. But I found it a bit on heavier side. took some time to load on my dialup.

Need I say the regular 'gr8' things?

Anonymous said...

truly reflect my state of mind

Anonymous said...

haven't been here in a while...

i love that the ending is optimistic with a tinge of sadness i guess..
is there a word for that??

Anonymous said...

Great poem! And esp loved these lines:

I stand against the echoes of my own reflection.

I believe in myself, more in us, than me alone.

And I even love the prose following your poem, which you've titled 'Note' very unpoetically!

Abhay said...

why wanna erase the black scars ?? wont u lose out on the good memories too ? treasuring all the good moments is all life is abt rite.....